Thursday, January 14, 2010

You Guys Rock :)



Sarah posted today about training for a 10K and that has inspired me to sign up for the Race For Water 6K on April 18th!  Her accomplishments have been so amazing, please check out her "My Race Results" section to see her inspiring list.  These are the types of posts that continue to motivate me.  You all are the best, please keep sharing your goals and accomplishments!  It is what makes this bloggy world go round ;)

As you may know I began my C52K training last week.  I feel very good about my progress - even though I am only on week 2!  I participated in a 5K back in September, mostly walked and my time was not too good.  This was because I did the C25K program and quit way before the actual 5K.  My goal is to finish the entire 9 week program and to jump right to training for an 8K.  The reason for this is that there are like 6 or 7 weeks in between the time my 5k program ends and the race I signed up for.

An added incentive is that the race on April 18th and I leave for a seven night cruise to Bermuda on the 25th!  For the most part, I chose running as my cardio because I have heard so much about the results that you can get.  I am hoping that I am down quite a bit when the 25th rolls around!  Plus, after all that training and the actual race I will really deserve this trip away with my girls!

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oooh a cruise? I'm so jealous - I've always wanted to go on one. I'm sure you'll post before you go but keep going on your exercise and everything: you will have the best fun!!

Dinnerland said...

What great motivators! Enjoy the ride...