Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!!



Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

I know it has been quite a while since my last post, sorry.  Things have been super crazy with work and family.  Overall I am very satisfied with my progress in the last two weeks.  I managed to lose 2.5 lbs during the holidays, that has NEVER happened to me before!

I did some research this past weekend and compiled a strength training program which is to be completed three times a week.  I did the first one this morning and I am already sore!  I want to also begin the C25K program on my off days of strength training.  I have done the program before while I was training for a 5k back in September.  I completed the 5k (walked a bit and my time was really bad), but I have yet to actually complete the C25K program!  I have stopped and stared over so many times!  I hate to run, but I think it is a really good way to get cardio in and see results quickly.  I LOVE my spin classes and will mostly continue to go to the Saturday classes, but will have to cut out the classes during the week.  They start too late in the morning, so I am always leaving 15 minutes early so that I can get ready for work.

I will be posting my weight loss goals on my blog today.  10 lbs a month sounds like a reasonable goal to me. Right now I am so focused on the lack of weight loss I have had and I find myself constantly comparing my progress to other bandsters'.  I think that setting these goals will force me to focus on ME and MY progress.  Also, me and a few friends will be going somewhere "tropical" in April and I really want to look good!

Christmas Dinner - Dan and I (I hate how red my face gets)


New Years Eve - The Greatest Girls Ever!

4 comments:

carla said...

Happy New Year. Love the pics. I hear you on the goals and not comparing yourself. I have to do that too

jennyr1222 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE DASH! said...

Drats, where did my comment go? Argh.. ok take two lol.

Just wanted to say you look wonderful in your pics. Really happy. And a very Happy New Year to you too!! x

Gen said...

Hi Colleen! Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like you are doing great! You look lovely in your pics. I get red drinking wine too!