Thursday, November 05, 2009

Mushies!!!

Well, it's official - I have advanced to mushies, YAY :) In fact I am enjoying my home made Shrimp Chowder right now. I purchased the book Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine M.D. a few months ago. This book is a life saver, especially if you like to cook. All the recipes are approved for our lifestyle and are high in protein. The great part about this book is that you can make the recipes for your family and then there is a section after each one that tells you how to prepare it for each stage for Lap Band. It also lists out directions for other WLS as well.


I know it seems strange that I am eating this shrimp chowder for breakfast, but the yogurt that I brought apparently expired on 10.31.09, bummer. I wasn't planning on stinking up my office and the kitchen with the smell of shrimp until later this afternoon. At that point I was hoping it would blend in with all of the other lunch smells that come from the kitchen at that time of day!


The one thing that I am noticing is that my food gets cold before I finish it. It should take me at least 30 minutes to eat these measly 4 tbs of mush. I am down to the bottom, but it is ice cold :(


I am off to reheat the rest! Have a great day!

No comments: