Monday, November 16, 2009

Treadmill = Blah


As you can tell from my workout log page – I am not doing so well.  The main problem right now is that I HATE walking on the treadmill – it’s boring and I definitely don’t push myself the way I should.  My machine of choice is the elliptical trainer, it really gets my heart pumping.  However; my doctor said the treadmill is the only equipment I can use for the first four weeks following surgery.  Well, four weeks is tomorrow – close enough, right?!  This morning I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then planned on doing 20 minutes on the elliptical.  Well, I wasn't able to complete 10 minutes on the elliptical.  How sad is that?!  Boy, I am really out of shape.  Actually, I am in the worst shape of my life.  I started to get really down on myself, I mean my heart should not be pumping that fast after only ten minutes and NO incline!  However; on my walk home from the gym I recalled the first time I ever tried the elliptical trainer.  I was a hot mess - I couldn't even make it five minutes!  Eventually I was able to do a half hour, which enabled me to do spin classes three times a week for a couple of months.  So, the game plan is to really focus on getting to the gym at least four times a week.  Each day this week I will increase my time on the elliptical by two minutes.  My ultimate goal is to feel comfortable enough with my cardio level so that I can resume my spin classes.  I can do it!!

No comments: