Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Frustrated

I am totaly frustrated right now.  I went in for my fill this morning, once Chrissy was done she gave me a small glass of water and told me to sip.  I took a total of two sips and felt tight, not as bad as last time, but definitely uncomfortable.  I was prepared to leave and see if it got better over the next couple of days - I really need to feel this fill.  I didn't really feel much of a difference in the last fill; which ended up being about 1 cc.  So I got my scarf and coat on, only to realize that I could not swallow my saliva - gross.  This is exactly what happened last time, what is going on here!  Chrissy came back in and took out what she just put in - I am now back to what I was this morning - 5 cc's.  WTF, this can not be my sweat spot - there is no way.  I started to cry and said "This is it, I am on my own from now on?"  She said that I will need to get my next fill in Radiology because I am super sensitive.  However, they can't fit me in until well into March - which my insurance is no longer covering them beginning March 1st.

I need to get into Dr. Ren's office right away, but they won't even talk to me until they have all of my records.  Then they need time to review them.  When they finally can schedule me, what if it isn't until April or longer?  I am so upset.

Oh, did you ask me how I am coping with this?  I thought you did - Well, I am eating one million Mini Reese's Cups that my assistant gave me for Valentine's Day.  'Cause that will solve my problem...

13 comments:

carla said...

Colleen,
I am sooo sorry that you are going through all of this. I can only imagine your frustration. I hope that Dr Ren's office can get you in asap, I know its a madhouse there ( I have an appt tomorrow )
Try not eat 1 million of them maybe try 1/2 million to start and then see how you feel :-)
Think positive!!

Tina said...

still chuckling at Carla's 1/2 million post...Seriously. You can do it! Hopefully the new doctor can do something between .5 and nothing at all!! I don't understand why the NP didn't leave a tiny bit of fluid in and give you a few minutes to try it out and calm down.

Stress slams my restriction up..Do you feel stressed or anxious in the drs office? Maybe you are tightening up from worry?

Grasping at ideas here to help you???

Good luck with both getting an appointment and that the new doc is better or at least as good as your old one.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Not sure if it would help but sometimes physically getting your records from one office and taking them to the next office yourself works faster than letting them handle it. Just an idea, that and I would call Dr. Ren's office and tell them what is going on and that you need to see them asap. Savor each Reese's cup, if I am "bad" I savor each bite and enjoy whatever I am having...it always makes me eat less because I really enjoyed what I ate (if that makes any sense at all!!!)

FK said...

Thinking of you... hoping there is a solution soon K x

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear all that. I hope it will all get sorted soon. I understand your frustration. I hope you will feel a bit better soon.

The Former Fat Girl said...

My dearest Colleen...I know you must beyond frustrated with this situation but I have to echo as to why your NP didnt leave some in? When this happen to me on a large fill (1.75 cc) they just took .25 out and I was fine.
I also agree that with Dr. Ren's office you might be better off doing the transition yourself. You could also try talking to Nilsa, she is the patient coordinator or Tammy which is the patient liason. Their number is 212-263-3600.
I hate to see you go through this rough patch but please remember that..that is all it is and it will to pass. I know this is little comfort but I dont want to see you take a step back from all the wonderful progress you have made. So please put down the reeses. You are stronger than this and dont need that crutch anylonger, you WILL overcome this and continue on to do absolutely great !!!
I hope you dont take this has being rough or insensitive I just dont want your frustration to get the better of you !!
Many XOXOXO !!!

jennyr1222 said...

Call Tammy. She is a lifesaver...works much harder than anyone else in Dr. Ren's office to get you appointments. Explain what happened to her and tell her your desperate and how does she advise you move the process along. So sorry to see you bummed out about this Colleen. Wish I could give you a big hug! It will get better, you'll find the right zone. xoox

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get back into the doctor soon. I will be sending good vibes your way.

Bonnie said...

Unfortunately I can't offer any great advice. Only know that my thoughts are with you during this difficult time and I'm hoping it will get easier soon.

Tami said...

Sorry that your fills are being difficult. I have my fingers crossed that you have an appointment soon and they can give you some kind of fill that works!

Gen said...

This sucks royally Colleen. I am so sorry about this. Hope it gets worked out soon.

MandaPanda said...

So sorry that happened! I would've thought she would've maybe taken half of what she put in back out?? I'm crossing my fingers that Dr. Ren's office can get you in quickly!

Anonymous said...

Awww I am really sorry your fill didn't go as planned, I hope the other doctor is able to help you ASAP.