Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ouchy Ouchy Boo...

I survived my first fill!!  Wow, that was really uncomfortable and what a HUGE needle!

Okay, it really wasn't that bad, just some pinching and a lot of pressure, but she was in within a couple of minutes.

"Ouchy Ouchy Boo" is what I used to say to my mom when she brushed my long, long stringy hair when I was 5 years old :)

I am really glad that I decided to get my fill today.  I feel great and have been taking down liquids like a champ.  The NP, Chrissy, put in 2 cc's and I had 3 after surgery so I should be at a 5 now.  She wanted to do more, but decided that with the holidays this would be a good number.  She also said that I might be one more good fill away from my sweet spot.  I am very happy that my doctor is aggressive with fills.  I know that there are people who have doctors that are not as generous.  I feel like if I walked in there tomorrow and asked for more they would seriously consider it.  Chrissy also told me that if I were to stay on the clear liquids all day today and tomorrow that I might be able to nibble on some food at the holiday party tomorrow, I just have to make sure I chew very carefully.  We shall see.

Thanks for the little push girls, without it I probably would not have gotten my fill today.  You guys rock :)

3 comments:

Debi said...

Glad to hear that it went well. Let us know how your restriction is for the Party tomorrow night!

I get my first fill on the 28th & can't wait for some restriction. I am supposed to have somewhere between 2-3 cc's from Surgery as well & he said that I could get somewhere between 2-4 cc's at the first fill as well.

He said that they are aggressive on the first couple of fills, then slows it down so that we don't get overfilled & need an unfill.

My biggest concern is that I may have flipped my port & I won't know for sure until they attempt to do the fill. If all goes well, then I guess I only pulled some muscles!

carla said...

Glad it went well and glad you did it..

Linda said...

Hi Colleen! I just found your blog(there are so many of us now, I can't keep up). I hope your fill helps you out during the holidays! I hope you feel some restriction.