Monday, April 19, 2010

I Rocked the 6K!

I did it!  I ran/walked a 6k yesterday - and I am still alive!  It felt so good to cross that finish line.  For about a half a mile it is all up hill after the 2 mile marker - I thought I was going to die!  Overall I am very happy with my pace and am so glad that I did this.

Me at the Starting Line...


The race didn't start until 8:30 and we were an hour early, so I told Dan to go and get himself some coffee and walk around the park.  I needed to focus on the run - this is the first one I have done by myself and it is also the first one that I was going to actually run.  He was making me nervous just standing there!  For some reason I thought it would take me 2 hours to complete the race and he said that he would be there waiting for me so he could snap a picture and cheer me on.  That did not happen - it only took me 1 hour and 1 minute!  I was so upset, I actually started to tear up.  No one was there to see me come in and finish this, just strangers cheering me on.  But, then I realized - it really doesn't matter - either way - I DID THIS!


I got on the scale this morning and saw 221!  I am almost out of the 220's, wooo hooo!  I was however, a little disappointed that I did not see 220, because then I would be down 40 lbs!  But, I will shut up and take the 39 lbs, it still feel amazing!

I guess I was a little bummed out because I am going on my cruise next week and I doubt I will be able to come back and see 220 or less - I want to be realistic here, I probably will gain.  I am okay with that though, I want to have a great time, I really need this vacation!  My plan is to get to the gym each morning and do at least some cardio just to keep on schedule.  I think that if I take a week off, it will be so hard to jump right back into when I get back.  Plus, I might gain a little less if I make exercise a part of the vacation.  Just one half hour a day - no big deal.  One of the girls asked me if I was going to work out and I said yes, she is going to as well, so that should make it easier!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


9 comments:

Kristen said...

O.M.G you did the entire 6K in an hour?!? That is AMAZING, I am so proud/jealous of you! Congrats, and I guarantee that scale will be down later this week, its just going to take a few days for all that caloring burning to set in!

Southern Belle said...

That is awesome!!! Congratulations! I am doing my first 5k this weekend, so I'm nervous!

TJ said...

1 hour is amazing!! Congrats! I am sure he will be there with camera ready for the next one!

Amy W. said...

Yes, that is an awesome accomplishment! I can't believe you thought it would take you 2 hours...but now you know you can kick ass!

Congrats on everything really! The race, the walk, the scale!

Bianca J said...

You did great! Congrats on completing the 6K in an hour, that's amazing.

Bonnie said...

I'm so jealous. You finished a
6K in 1 hr 1 minute, you've lost
39lbs AND you are going on a cruise. Whatever you gain on the cruise, you'll lose quickly when you get back. Hope you have an awesome time.

Jen said...

woo hoo rockin the 6k!! You go girl:)

Catherine55 said...

That is so awesome!! I am so psyched for you!! :)

AM said...

Congrats on hitting your 6 months as well! And even more for completing your 6k... You go girl!